You’ll soon see that you have more piecing to do this week to complete Section 3. You will be using pieces H through M. Pieces I, K and M are from Fabric 1. Pieces H and L are from Fabric 2, and piece J is from Fabric 4. So let’s get started!
1. Sew square H to square I with the right sides together and press the seams toward square H.
2. Sew rectangle J to the other side of square I with right sides together, pressing the seams toward rectangle J.
3. Sew rectangle K to the other side of rectangle J with right sides together. Press the seams toward rectangle J.
4. Trim if necessary to 2 ½” x 8 ½”.
5. Sew rectangle L to the bottom of the above unit, right sides together, and press the seams toward rectangle L.
6. Trim if necessary to 4 ½” x 8 ½”.
7. Sew square M to the left of this latest unit with the right sides together and press the seams toward the square H.
8. Trim if necessary to 4 ½” x 12 ½”.
Whew! Section 3 is finished. Only one more section to make then we’ll put everything together. Again, you will make 36 - Section 3 and you’ll bag them and label them as Section 3. Be sure to post pictures on our Facebook page!
Are you getting excited to see what this will look like when finished? Just two more clues and you’ll know! Full clue schedule can be found in the "Mystery Quilt Project 2020" post.